2020 Beauty Favorites
Happy Christmas eve! Since 2020 is coming to an end, I thought it would be a good time to share my favorites for this year and have many more favorites categories coming up. In writing this, an obvious trend appeared in how much wearing a mask for 8 hours a day has affected my favorite beauty products, but I am sure these will continue to be favorites when everything goes back to normal. So without further ado, here are my beauty favorites of the year.
`1. Ouai Leave in Conditioner, $26 for 4.7 oz: At first, this was my go-to leave in conditioner because I love how it smells. It has a citrusy yet musky fragrance that I can’t get enough of. However, recently I tried using some other leave in conditioners that were a bit cheaper for when I need to repurchase this. When I went back to using the Ouai one, I found that it was not just the fragrance of it that I love, but it makes my hair so much softer and silkier than any of the others I have tried. Therefore I plan to continue using this regularly for the foreseeable future.
2. Cream Blush: This is a product type favorite in general, however there are a few cream blushes I have been using this year that I have loved.
Fenty Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush, $20 0.1 oz: These blushes look very bright colored in the pan, but once you put them on your cheeks they add a soft wash of color. They are very easy to blend and their packaging is super cute (although the white does cause it to get a little messy)! I have the shade Strawberry Drip
Kaja Cutie Bento Creamy Lip & Cheek Duo, $18, 0.06 oz: I have been obsessed with Kaja products and their cute packaging! So, when this little blush duo came out I couldn’t resist. At first, this looked so small when it arrived, but you do get two blushes with this and I don’t use blush up very quickly. They give a very nice dewy blush to the cheeks and blend in very easily. I have the shade juicy watermelon
Elf Cosmetics Putty Blush, $6, 0.35 oz: Infused with argan oil and vitamin E. These blend in very very easily, but you do need to add a bit more product in order to get enough wash of color. They are a little more long lasting because they dry down really well, but don’t give as much of a dewy finish as the other two. I have the shades Bahamas (lighter shade) and Bali (darker shade).
3. Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser ($15 off with my link) $34, 160mL: I purchased this in a kit with Glow Recipe’s new cleansing balm, but I definitely fell in love with this cleanser. Key ingredients include blueberry extract, hyaluronic acid, and AHA. I was a bit concerned to use this everyday due to the AHA, but found that it is gentle enough that it was in fact gentle enough to use daily and has a nice blueberry scent. It lathers up nicely and leaves the skin feeling clean, but not stripped.
4. Glossier Super Pure Serum (10% off with my link) $28, 1oz: This is a 5% niacinamide (vitamin B-3) and zinc serum which helps the skin retain moisture, minimize redness, regulate oil, improve texture and skin clarity. I knew this serum was good before 2020, but it has become essential since I started wearing a mask. I ran out of this for a week and had breakouts all over my chin and lower cheeks. Ever since, I am sure to use this everyday I will be wearing a mask for a long period.
5. Mac Face and Body Foundation, $33, 1.7 oz: I really haven’t been wearing foundation much this year as I am always wearing a mask. However, this is what I use when I do. It is light coverage hydrating foundation with a satin finish. It blends in super fast and is easy to apply with my fingers. I have the shade N2.
6. Maybelline Sky High Mascara $11.49: This is a relatively new launch from Maybelline and it quickly became my favorite mascara. This is a tubing mascara, so it is super easy to remove with just warm water. It gives the lashes a very long, separated look and is buildable. This mascara doesn’t smudge at all, which I have issues with for a lot of other mascaras.
7. Kosas Lip Oils ($10 off with my link) $27, 0.15 oz: Since I have continued to go to work throughout the pandemic, I have preferred moisturizing lip products. These lip oils from Kosas are perfect for that! They are super moisturizing and give a nice light wash of color with lots of shine. Some of the ingredients include hyaluronic acid, peptides, evening primrose oil, avocado oil, Konjac root, and shea butter. I bought the Mini Wet Set Clean Lip Oil Trio they came out with for Christmas to try out a few of the colors jaws (left), jellyfish (middle), but my favorite is the color Dip (right) which I plan to buy in full size when I run out.
8. Maybelline Lifter Gloss $8.99, 0.18oz: This is another good option for a light hydrating lip product. They are not quite as hydrating as the Kosas lip oils, but they are an incredibly nice budget option. They also have hyaluronic acid for extra moisture. I have the shades silk (right) and amber (left).
9. Nars Afterglow Eyeshadow Palette (currently 50% off at $29.50): I hadn’t tried the Nars eyeshadow formula until this year and I absolutely love how silky smooth the shadows are. They are super easy to blend and the shimmers are very pigmented. I mainly wear neutral colors, so this is a great palette for me and sometimes I use the pink if I want to mix it up.
10. Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream, $42, 1.6 oz: This is a light hydrating face cream, which has been nice throughout the fall and winter months. I have combination skin, so I typically do not like super thick moisturizers for the day, so this is the perfect consistency and quickly absorbs into my skin to leave it glowing. I actually have really liked all of the Fresh products I have tried so far. However, I will say if you don’t like the smell of rose, you will not like this moisturizer.
That is it for my 2020 beauty favorites! I would love to hear some of your beauty favorites in the comments below and whether you have loved some of these products as well. I have a few other categories of favorites I will be posting about in the near future so keep your eye out and don’t forget to subscribe! (located at the very bottom of the page)
Thanks for reading!