Free People Crochet Bandana Pattern
One of my favorite things about crocheting is finding cute things from expensive brands that I can make myself. Something I found recently at Free People is this “Maili Crochet Hair Scarf” and immediately thought this would be quick and fun to recreate. So, continue reading if you want to find out how I made it!
Yarn: Lily Sugar & Cream in coral seas ombre, 5mm crochet hook (H)
- chain 110, cut yarn, leaving a tail
- on the 23rd stitch from the end, pull yarn through, chain 1, single crochet across x64 stitches
- turn, chain 7, slip stitch in the 4th single crochet stitch from the previous row, chain 7, slip stitch in the 4th single crochet of the previous row (repeat across)
- chain 3, slip stitch into the 4th chain of the previous row, chain 3, slip stitch into the 4th chain of the previous row, continue this process across
- turn, single crochet the first two stitches together, single crochet across, single crochet the last two stitches together
- repeat steps 3-5 X5, but on the last row, single crochet every other stitch together.
- turn, chain 7, slip stitch into the 4th stitch of the previous row
- turn chain 3, slip stitch in the 4th stitch on the previous row, repeat across.
- turn, single crochet two together across
- turn, chain 7, slip stitch in the 4th stitch in the previous row, repeat across
- turn, single crochet two together all the way across.
- repeat row 11 X2 rows, cut yarn and weave in ends.
- For the border, start at the first single crochet from the first row and single crochet all the way around the edges of the bandana. Cut yarn when you get to the last single crochet of the first row, weave in all the ends and that’s it!