How To Crochet The Wattle Stitch
Lately I have been interested in trying out some new crochet and knitting stitches. When I was looking some new ones up, I was immediately drawn to the Wattle Stitch. Continue reading if you want to learn how to crochet the Wattle Stitch and a bonus pattern for a wattle stitch washcloth!
- SC = Single Crochet
- CH = Chain
- DC = Double Crochet
- Chain a multiple of 3.
- In the 3rd chain from the hook, SC, CH, and DC
- Skip 2 chains, SC, CH, and DC in the 3rd chain from the hook
- repeat step 3 across
- single crochet in the very last chain
- turn, chain 1, skip the first 2 stitch, SC CH, and DC in the 3rd stitch (this will be into the chain in the previous row as shown in photo below) continue across. SC one in the last stitch.
- repeat row 6
- Yarn: Loops & Threads Crème Cotton in Cream (I just saw that they brought this back at Michaels!). I also used Navy and Mustard.
- 6.5 mm (K) Crochet hook
- Cast on 30
- Wattle stitch x11 rows. On last row, cut yarn, leaving a good size strand
- Switch to your second color. Single crochet across, 3 DC in the last stitch. Then, continue single crochet around, 3 DC in the last stitch. Slip stitch very first stitch and last stitch. Weave in ends.
I hope you enjoyed learning how to crochet the wattle stitch with me. I would love for you to comment below on your favorite crochet stitch so I know what to try next! Thanks for reading!