Mystery Books Grab Bag Unboxing
I must be crazy, but I recently purchased a mystery books grab bag from Once Upon a Book Club (take 10% off by using this link) and unbox it in this post. I looked at subscribing to their book subscription box, but it is $49.99 and I don’t think I am willing to pay that much just to see what it is like. However, there is a lot available in their shop, from discounted books (which I also picked up) to apparel and home decor. This mystery box grab bag was $25 + tax.
Description of the Grab Bag:
Grab a surprise collection of 3 books from the Once Upon a Book Club backlog! Books will be chosen at random by the Once Upon a Book Club team from our current inventory. These books will be a mix of Adult and Young Adult titles, as well as books we’ve included as gifts, custom editions from our boxes, and more. Formats will vary between paperback and hardcover.
As a bonus, each box will also include 5 random quote prints for readers to enjoy.
Quantities are limited and once these are sold out, they are gone!
*Note: Book titles in this listing cannot be selected. Titles will be randomized and may result in duplicate copies if previous boxes have been purchased.
- The Last Piece by Imogen Clark
The chaotic but happy equilibrium of the Nightingale family is thrown into disarray when Cecily—whose children can’t remember her ever being remotely spontaneous—disappears to a Greek island with no warning or explanation.
Her reasons for doing something so out of character are a total mystery to her three daughters, high-powered executive Felicity, unfulfilled GP Julia and organised mother-of-five Lily. What connection could she possibly have with Kefalonia?
But Cecily has gone to continue a story she thought ended decades ago—one that could have a huge impact on her family. And when she returns, she’ll have to tell them the truth.
Will Cecily be able to hold her family together once she reveals her big secret? And might she discover that she’s not the only one with a story to tell?
2. Holly Banks Full of Angst by Julie Valerie
- The Last Piece by Imogen Clark
- From Goodreads: Holly Banks could not have made a worse first impression on the seemingly perfect moms in her new affluent community, the Village of Primm. Turns out wearing pink piggy pajama bottoms while dropping off her kindergartener late to the first day of school wasn’t her best look.
Not to mention Holly’s worried her husband may be having an affair, she can’t get her daughter to stop sucking her thumb, her hard-won film degree is collecting dust, and to top it all off, the power-hungry PTA president clearly has it in for her…
To make matters even worse, Holly’s natural eye for drama lands her smack-dab in the middle of a neighborhood mystery—right as her own crazy mother shows up in Primm “to help.” Through it all, Holly begins to realize her neighbors may be just as flawed as—and even wackier than—she is, leaving her to wonder: Is there such a thing as a perfect mom?
3. Immoral Code by Lillian Clark
- From Goodreads:
- For Nari, aka Narioka Diane, aka hacker digital alter ego “d0l0s,” it’s college and then a career at “one of the big ones,” like Google or Apple. Keagan, her sweet, sensitive boyfriend, is happy to follow her wherever she may lead. Reese is an ace/aro visual artist with plans to travel the world. Santiago is off to Stanford on a diving scholarship, with very real Olympic hopes. And Bellamy? Physics genius Bellamy is admitted to MIT—but the student loan she’d been counting on is denied when it turns out her estranged father—one Robert Foster—is loaded.Nari isn’t about to let her friend’s dreams be squashed by a deadbeat billionaire, so she hatches a plan to steal just enough from Foster to allow Bellamy to achieve her goals.
The box came with three cute small quote art prints. I also received a cute little spiral bound notebook with a super cute bookmark inside.
The box arrived very quickly, I ordered on Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday. The box is also super cute! Then they packaged everything very nicely inside. I thought I would get some okay books, based on the books available for sale on their website, but boy was I mistaken. I didn’t receive any of the books they have on there, instead received a very random assortment of books. But, thinking about it, it really makes sense that they would create a mystery box with these books because they weren’t able to sell them. I am going to make myself try to read these books since I bought them, but I do not recommend picking up this mystery book box! I also ordered a discounted book from them (meaning there is something wrong with it), but I got to choose which book I wanted. Let me know if you are interested in seeing how that turned out! And if you have read any of these books, please let me know what you thought! Maybe they will be better than what I have seen in reviews.