Super Chunky Knit Beanie Pattern
It is almost Fall, which means I can start posting more chunky knits for cold weather. I have always wanted to make a super chunky knit blanket, but have never tried because I am afraid to commit to buying that much yarn. However, I thought I would dip my toes in the water of super chunky knitting with this fun Super Chucky Knit Beanie Pattern.
For this Super Chunky Knit Beanie Pattern you will need:
- Loops & Threads Chunky Grande Big! Yarn in Red/Lavender
- 25 mm knitting needles
- Large crochet hook
- Cast on 20
- turn knit across
- turn purl across
- continue rows 2 and 3 x5 (a total of 10 rows)
- Cast off, cut yarn leaving a tail of at least 1.5 feet of yarn.
- Taking a large crochet hook, pull yarn through the first stitch of the last row. Then, pull yarn through the first of and last loop of the previous row. Continue pulling yarn through the first and last stitches of each row until you reach the first row.
- Gather the top of the hat: Using the tail, pull yarn through across to the opposite stitch of the first row, then fold into fourths and pull yarn through until you have the top of the beanie formed without any gaps. Once you are finished, weave in ends.
You can attach a pom pom or leave it as I did.
I hope you enjoyed this super simple chunky knit beanie pattern! I love how it turned out, it is super warm! Please comment below if you try it out and what you think!